ABILENE, Texas - The U.S. Bureau of Land Management is hosting a wild horse and burro adoption at the Taylor County Expo Center this weekend.
Paul McGuire visited KTXS Friday morning to talk about the adoption event.
The adoptions run from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, March 15 and from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday, March 16. Adoptions began Thursday afternoon.
McGuire said there are about 30 horses and burros still available after the first day of adoptions on Thursday.
For more information on adopting the animals, click here.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale