ODESSA, Texas (AP) - The severe drought gripping Texas has one mayor asking his city's residents to pray for help.
A spokeswoman for the city of Odessa said
Odessa and other West Texas cities have been hit particularly hard by dry weather, which has drained lakes and rivers and forced some communities to resort to extreme measures.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide