ODESSA, Texas (AP) - The severe drought gripping Texas has one mayor asking his city's residents to pray for help.
A spokeswoman for the city of Odessa said
Odessa and other West Texas cities have been hit particularly hard by dry weather, which has drained lakes and rivers and forced some communities to resort to extreme measures.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account