ODESSA, Texas (AP) - The severe drought gripping Texas has one mayor asking his city's residents to pray for help.
A spokeswoman for the city of Odessa said
Odessa and other West Texas cities have been hit particularly hard by dry weather, which has drained lakes and rivers and forced some communities to resort to extreme measures.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade