ODESSA, Texas (AP) - The severe drought gripping Texas has one mayor asking his city's residents to pray for help.
A spokeswoman for the city of Odessa said
Odessa and other West Texas cities have been hit particularly hard by dry weather, which has drained lakes and rivers and forced some communities to resort to extreme measures.
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Updated HPU baseball team collects donations for LA flood victims