ABILENE, Texas - The Big Country has suffered from a drought over the past five years and a few counties are looking for help once they have a storm come through.
Stonewall County Judge Ronnie Moorhead said Stonewall, Haskell, Knox, Jones, Fisher and Kent counties are looking at forming an organization to begin cloud seeding.
By doing this, they hope to increase storms precipitation.
Haskell City Manager Brandon Anderson said the permitting process has already begun. The counties hope to begin operations by June 12.
If all six counties agree on the program, it would be a four-month project and cost each county $7,500 per month.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget