ABILENE, Texas - Billie Dunn's attorney John Young told KTXS Thursday that if Shawn Adkins is found responsible for Hailey Dunn?s disappearance, that he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
And he said if the remains found in Big Spring Tuesday are Hailey's, they will demand that justice be done.
"If it is proven Shawn Adkins is the person responsible for injuring or ending that precious life, we want him prosecuted to the fullest extent the law will permit," Young said.
Young said that Billie Dunn and Adkins are no longer a couple.
"There is not a relationship today," Young said, "nor has there been one in the recent past."
The couple have been together a lot in an on-again-off-again relationship for the past couple years.
Adkins was living with Billie Dunn in her home when Hailey disappeared Dec. 27, 2010.
The couple was together as recently as December, the one-year anniversary of Hailey?s disappearance, when both returned from the Austin area where they were living to Colorado City.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer