ABILENE, Texas - Billie Dunn's attorney John Young told KTXS Thursday that if Shawn Adkins is found responsible for Hailey Dunn?s disappearance, that he should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
And he said if the remains found in Big Spring Tuesday are Hailey's, they will demand that justice be done.
"If it is proven Shawn Adkins is the person responsible for injuring or ending that precious life, we want him prosecuted to the fullest extent the law will permit," Young said.
Young said that Billie Dunn and Adkins are no longer a couple.
"There is not a relationship today," Young said, "nor has there been one in the recent past."
The couple have been together a lot in an on-again-off-again relationship for the past couple years.
Adkins was living with Billie Dunn in her home when Hailey disappeared Dec. 27, 2010.
The couple was together as recently as December, the one-year anniversary of Hailey?s disappearance, when both returned from the Austin area where they were living to Colorado City.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana