COLORADO CITY, Texas - On Monday, it will have been 20 months since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn disappeared from her home in Colorado City. Saturday the "Hope for Hailey" organization, which continues to search for Hailey, held a prayer vigil in her honor the weekend before her birthday.
Hailey would be turning 15-years-old this Tuesday, August 28th. She was 13-years-old when she vanished from her Colorado City home on December 27, 2010.
The case grabbed national attention and also prompted response from the Texas Rangers and other missing person's organizations. Almost 20 months later, Hailey is still no where to be found, but that doesn't mean those who love her have given up.
"I want people to pray for my daughter. I want people to pray that she's gonna come home to me and her dad and her brother and her grandmas. I want people to pray for Hailey, pray for us also, mostly pray that Hailey's gonna come home," said Billie Jean Dunn, Hailey's mother.
Shawn Adkins was the only suspect police named in Hailey's case. Adkins was Billie Jean Dunn's former boyfriend.
"Hope for Hailey" was an organization formed by Hailey's friends and family in Colorado City. They spent countless hours searching Mitchell and neighboring counties for any sign of Hailey.
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas