COLORADO CITY, Texas - On Monday, it will have been 20 months since 13-year-old Hailey Dunn disappeared from her home in Colorado City. Saturday the "Hope for Hailey" organization, which continues to search for Hailey, held a prayer vigil in her honor the weekend before her birthday.
Hailey would be turning 15-years-old this Tuesday, August 28th. She was 13-years-old when she vanished from her Colorado City home on December 27, 2010.
The case grabbed national attention and also prompted response from the Texas Rangers and other missing person's organizations. Almost 20 months later, Hailey is still no where to be found, but that doesn't mean those who love her have given up.
"I want people to pray for my daughter. I want people to pray that she's gonna come home to me and her dad and her brother and her grandmas. I want people to pray for Hailey, pray for us also, mostly pray that Hailey's gonna come home," said Billie Jean Dunn, Hailey's mother.
Shawn Adkins was the only suspect police named in Hailey's case. Adkins was Billie Jean Dunn's former boyfriend.
"Hope for Hailey" was an organization formed by Hailey's friends and family in Colorado City. They spent countless hours searching Mitchell and neighboring counties for any sign of Hailey.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Updated Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking another cold front
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend