GLENDALE, Ariz. - Dallas committed six turnovers, five in the first half, and Arizona sputtered past the Cowboys 12-7 on Saturday in the Cardinals' preseason home opener.
Jay Feely kicked field goals of 25, 53, 40 and 22 yards for the Cardinals in the home debut of coach Bruce Arians.
Tony Romo completed 7 of 10 passes for 142 yards for Dallas (1-2) but was undone by two fumbles by his receivers, one at the Arizona 7. He also overthrew wide-open Terrance Williams for what would have been a sure touchdown.
Arizona's Carson Palmer was 7 of 15 for 66 yards.
Dallas scored on a 5-yard pass from fourth-string quarterback Alex Tanney to Gavin Escobar with 10:55 to play, the first points allowed by Arizona (2-0) in the preseason.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot