ABILENE, Texas - Former Stamford star James Washington, now an all-American receiver at Oklahoma State University, has been named the 2017 winner of the Biletnikoff Award given to the nation’s top receiver.
Washington has 69 receptions for 1,423 yards and 12 touchdowns receiving this season. He also has one rushing touchdown.
Oklahoma State (9-3) is scheduled to play Virginia Tech (9-3) on Thursday, Dec. 28, in the Camping World Bowl.
Washington, a senior, is concluding a college career that included 28 catches for 456 yards and six touchdowns in 2014, 53 catches for 1,087 yards and 10 touchdowns in 2015, and 71 catches for 1,380 yards in 2016.
He led Stamford to two state football titles while in high school.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver