ABILENE, Texas - The Texas Department of Transportation has already started preparing for the winter weather headed to the Big Country.
TxDOT crews pre-treated major highways Saturday. Crews will also be treating and monitoring roads around the clock Sunday.
TxDOT is urging everyone to check road conditions before heading out Sunday. Once the storm hits, remember to slow down, increase following distance, use extra caution on bridges and overpasses and turn off cruise control.
- Updated 'Eerily similar' earthquake hit Italian region in 2009
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire