DALLAS (AP) - While most of Texas won't see snow from the storm that's hit West Texas and the Panhandle, parts of North and Central Texas are already getting wind gusts that may top 50 mph.
The National Weather Service reports wind gusts exceeding 40 mph near Austin Monday. The wind is forecast to pick up Monday afternoon and evening.
National Weather Service meteorologist Jennifer Dunn says the storm that has left several inches of snow in Amarillo and Lubbock is gradually moving east.
North and Central Texas could get thunderstorms from the weather system. And some areas near the Oklahoma border could receive a small amount of snow.
- Updated Police: Man charged in Texas mosque threat later apologized
- Updated Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase
- Updated New schools open in Texas town in 2013 fertilizer blast
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Blacks in Texas face greatest pregnancy-related death risk