The summer brings triple digit heat and gives youth more opportunities to find a job.
Steve Collins of Work Force Solutions in Abilene said teenagers are like anyone else.They need a summer job because they have spending habits like everyone else. But the most important aspect about having a summer job is the valuable experience they can gain.
"Well one thing about summer employment is individuals can gain skills that will stay with them the rest of their working career," Collins said.
Collins also said there are plenty of employment opportunities in the area but those opportunities could be gone before you know it.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs