ABILENE, Texas - Abilene police arrested a suspect following a carjacking and standoff.
Police say a car was stolen at gunpoint Wednesday morning. The car was located around 1 p.m. at a home located near North 3rd and Victoria streets.
The SWAT team was called to surround the home.
“Given the possibility of an armed suspect in this case the SWAT team responded and took over perimeter operations,” said Sgt. Lynn Beard, with the Abilene Police Department. “A couple of our crisis negotiators showed up and made contact with the person inside the residence and were able to talk them out.”
Police are trying to determine if the person inside the house is the same person who stole that vehicle at gunpoint.
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Indictment: Abilene man rubbed genitals on child's leg
- Indictment: Man beaten with baseball bat during robbery
- Abilene teenager indicted for pair of violent robberies
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver