SAN ANGELO, Texas - A murder charge has been filed against one of the three suspects in the case of an Abilene man who was found dead near Barnhart.
Stephen Jennings, 34, of San Angelo was charged with murder Tuesday. He was already in custody for tampering with evidence with intent to impair, according to the Tom Green County Jail log.
Eric Torrez, 41, was reported missing July 24. He was last seen three days earlier. He was headed to San Angelo to bid on a contract. His body was found Friday eight miles south of Barnhart. The autopsy was completed Monday.
Torrez’ ex-girlfriend, Kristen Anne Dean Jennings, 28, of San Angelo, along with her husband Stephen and her father-in-law Garry Lynn Jennings, 60, of Glenn Heights, were all arrested July 28.
Kristen Jennings is charged with burglary of a habitation. Garry Jennings is charged with tamper or fabricate with physical evidence with intent to impair.
Tom Green County Sheriff David Jones says a trial is scheduled Wednesday for protective custody of Jennings' children.
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Salvation Army needs your help this holiday season
- Taylor County Sheriff's Office behind the wheel for simulator training
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson
- Stamford's James Washington claims Biletnikoff Award as nation's best receiver