BROWNWOOD, Texas - The man accused of killing Chantay Blankinship shared social media posts about the murder in the days after her body was found.
Ryan Derek Riggs – who was arrested Wednesday – shared multiple Facebook posts about Blankinship’s murder and the search for justice.
One of them said “(Blankinship) was very a very sweet and kind woman. She always had a smile on her face. Justice for Chantay.”
OTHER FACEBOOK POSTS --> http://www.ktxs.com/657223326
The Brown County Sheriff’s Office said Riggs, 21, confessed Wednesday night to his congregation at North Lake Community Church. His parents then drove him to the Brown County Law Enforcement Center where he confessed again.
Riggs is charged with capital murder and illegal dumping. No bond has been set on the capital murder charge.
Riggs’ former high school classmate, Cody Flores, pleaded guilty in March to killing his dad and stepmom. Eight days after the murders, Riggs posted his support for Flores on Facebook.
Thursday at 10 a.m., the Brown County Sheriff's Office will hold a news conference about Riggs’ arrest. We will carry it live on KTXS, KTXS.com, the KTXS app and Facebook.
- Update: Abilene police find missing ‘mentally challenged' man
- TxDOT: Hwy 351 at I-20 now 'fully' open to traffic
- Warrant: Abilene man used cell phone to force girl into sex for 4 years
- Abilene police: Elderly man paid to watch, have sex with teens
- Prostitution bust at north Abilene massage parlor
- Abilene police arrest Grinch who tried to steal Christmas
- Man arrested in Brownwood's largest meth bust gets indicted
- City of Early declines using taxpayer funds to pay for lobbyist
- Thousands of toys and dollars collected at Brownwood toy drive
- Brownwood approves retaining a lobbyist after 2 people speak up against it
- Ranger College releases settlement with former professor over sexual harassment allegations
- Brown County veteran being sued by hospital for unpaid fees
- Snow in Abilene & the Big Country for Christmas? Maybe, maybe not
- Clyde man indicted for sexual assault
- Dallas Cowboys apologize to Coleman family for mistreatment of their handicapped daughter
- Big County couple says AT&T Stadium mistreated their handicapped daughter
- 1 killed, 2 injured in I-20 crash near Colorado City
- After 5-1 school board vote, Chris Hagler's contract renewed with Anson