SAN ANGELO, Texas - A man who is facing charges of shooting at a crop-dusting plane plead not guilty in San Angelo federal court.
James R. Cate, 68, of Talpa, is charged with firing a rifle and hitting a crop duster that was spraying a field near his home.
A federal indictment said at least one round struck the plane. His exact charges are damaging an airplane.
A trial date for Cate has been set for Nov. 5 in San Angelo federal court.
Cate is free on bail.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated