SAN ANGELO, Texas - A man who is facing charges of shooting at a crop-dusting plane plead not guilty in San Angelo federal court.
James R. Cate, 68, of Talpa, is charged with firing a rifle and hitting a crop duster that was spraying a field near his home.
A federal indictment said at least one round struck the plane. His exact charges are damaging an airplane.
A trial date for Cate has been set for Nov. 5 in San Angelo federal court.
Cate is free on bail.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen