ABILENE, Texas - A historical landmark in Buffalo Gap is now under the ownership of Taylor County.
Taylor County Commissioners voted Tuesday to accept the transfer of property for the Buffalo Gap Historic Village, County Judge Downing Bolls told KTXS.
The McWhiney History Education Group manages the village, which features buildings dating back to the 19th century.
Bolls said the county itself won’t be in charge of overseeing operations at the village, adding that an agreement with property operators will not be finalized for a few more weeks. Bolls said the arrangement will be similar to the county’s ownership of the Taylor County Expo Center.
A formal contract will provide more details about the county’s responsibility for the village, Bolls said.
More information about the Buffalo Gap Historic Village can be found HERE.
- Police respond to 911 call at home of murdered Abilene real estate agent
- Updated Oscar nominations 2017: 'La La Land' dominates
- Hailey Dunn to be buried 6 years after disappearance
- Former Abilene Christian University star heading to Super Bowl
- Meth found hidden in Brownwood man's car during traffic stop