ABILENE, Texas - A historical landmark in Buffalo Gap is now under the ownership of Taylor County.
Taylor County Commissioners voted Tuesday to accept the transfer of property for the Buffalo Gap Historic Village, County Judge Downing Bolls told KTXS.
The McWhiney History Education Group manages the village, which features buildings dating back to the 19th century.
Bolls said the county itself won’t be in charge of overseeing operations at the village, adding that an agreement with property operators will not be finalized for a few more weeks. Bolls said the arrangement will be similar to the county’s ownership of the Taylor County Expo Center.
A formal contract will provide more details about the county’s responsibility for the village, Bolls said.
More information about the Buffalo Gap Historic Village can be found HERE.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Texas ag. commisisoner calls for ‘hog apocalypse'
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS