ABILENE, Texas - A teacher at Johnston Elementary School in Abilene has been placed on administrative leave due to an allegation of injury to a child involving a student.
The teacher hasn't been identified at this time, and Phil Ashby with the Abilene Independent School District said the leave was pending the outcome of an investigation by the Abilene Police Department.
Abilene police tell KTXS that AISD is cooperating fully, but additional details couldn't be released as the investigation is ongoing.
No charges have been filed at this time. KTXS will continue to follow this story and post updates when more information is made available.
- Over 90 Abilene streets receive worst possible condition rating
- Abilene man reportedly bound with tape, forced into trunk at apartment complex
- Abilene man arrested for pointing gun at family, firing, fighting with police
- Judge to decide on motion to toss evidence in Niblo murder case
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- BBB warns of fraudulent shopping sites during Holiday season
- Brownwood fugitive declines extradition for homicide-related charges
- Ex-Brownwood High soccer coach accused of having sex with student pleads guilty, sentenced
- Brownwood woman arrested on homicide-related warrant out of Missouri
- Chantay Blankinship known at club for kind, endearing soul
- Balloon release held to celebrate Chantay Blankinship's birthday
- UPDATE: 911 'back up and running' in Brown County
- Warrant: Murder suspect 'drunk' when he drove over victim at Taylor County ranch
- Goldsboro man, 71, charged with murder at Big Country ranch south of Abilene
- Coleman County house a total loss after weekend fire
- Hawley parent: Son did not make threats against school
- Police investigating early morning shooting in Sweetwater
- Underground silo shows Cold War history in the Big Country