ABILENE, Texas - The Saturday high temperatures was only 56 degrees behind a strong cold front. This high breaks the previous record for the coolest maximum temperature of 59 degrees set in 2005.
Low temperatures Sunday morning will likely drop to around 40. The record low for October 7th (Sunday) in Abilene is 39. It will be close to that record.
We could see some sunshine break through the clouds Sunday afternoon. However, high temperatures Sunday should only climb into the middle 50s. The record coolest high temperature for October 7th in Abilene is 53. Another close call.
Low temperatures Monday morning will be back down around 40. The record low for October 8th looks safe as it is way down at 34.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death