ABILENE, Texas - The Saturday high temperatures was only 56 degrees behind a strong cold front. This high breaks the previous record for the coolest maximum temperature of 59 degrees set in 2005.
Low temperatures Sunday morning will likely drop to around 40. The record low for October 7th (Sunday) in Abilene is 39. It will be close to that record.
We could see some sunshine break through the clouds Sunday afternoon. However, high temperatures Sunday should only climb into the middle 50s. The record coolest high temperature for October 7th in Abilene is 53. Another close call.
Low temperatures Monday morning will be back down around 40. The record low for October 8th looks safe as it is way down at 34.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated