ABILENE, Texas - The Saturday high temperatures was only 56 degrees behind a strong cold front. This high breaks the previous record for the coolest maximum temperature of 59 degrees set in 2005.
Low temperatures Sunday morning will likely drop to around 40. The record low for October 7th (Sunday) in Abilene is 39. It will be close to that record.
We could see some sunshine break through the clouds Sunday afternoon. However, high temperatures Sunday should only climb into the middle 50s. The record coolest high temperature for October 7th in Abilene is 53. Another close call.
Low temperatures Monday morning will be back down around 40. The record low for October 8th looks safe as it is way down at 34.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon