ARLINGTON, Texas - Adrian Beltre led off the bottom of the ninth for Texas with a home run to beat the Los Angeles Angels 2-1 on Wednesday night, completing a three-game series sweep in which the Rangers won each on game-ending homers.
There was no doubt about another dramatic victory for the Rangers when Michael Kohn (1-1) left a 2-2 pitch over the middle of the plate and Beltre hit it deep into the left-field seats for his 23rd homer.
Nelson Cruz also homered for Texas, his 25th putting the Rangers up 1-0 in the second before Josh Hamilton's tying homer in the seventh for the Angels.
Rangers closer Joe Nathan (3-1) struck out two and walked one in the top of the ninth to win for the second night in a row.
- Calif. lawmakers pass bill inspired by Turner case
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued