STONEWALL COUNTY, Texas - Fire crews in Stonewall County continue to battle a wildfire that, as of Thursday evening, had scorched more than 50,000 acres ? and it still wasn't contained.
The fire is burning north of Aspermont in northern Stonewall County, but has spread into King County.
A spokesman for the Texas Forest Service says the fire has burned two unoccupied homes and was "zero percent contained" Thursday.
A spot fire, started by flying sparks, jumped Highway 83 Thursday morning and burned about 60 acres before they got it out.
The Forest Service has resources on the ground fighting the fire and five different aircraft, including air tankers, are battling the fire from the air.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy