STONEWALL COUNTY, Texas - Fire crews in Stonewall County continue to battle a wildfire that, as of Thursday evening, had scorched more than 50,000 acres ? and it still wasn't contained.
The fire is burning north of Aspermont in northern Stonewall County, but has spread into King County.
A spokesman for the Texas Forest Service says the fire has burned two unoccupied homes and was "zero percent contained" Thursday.
A spot fire, started by flying sparks, jumped Highway 83 Thursday morning and burned about 60 acres before they got it out.
The Forest Service has resources on the ground fighting the fire and five different aircraft, including air tankers, are battling the fire from the air.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday