BROWNWOOD, Texas - Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick will speak in Brownwood on Friday for the Brown County Republican Women’s Club September meeting.
He will discuss the recently ended special session of the Texas Legislature and take questions from the audience.
The meeting will be from 8 to 9 a.m. and will take place at the Depot Civic & Cultural Center.
Cash donations will be accepted at the meeting to benefit Hurricane Harvey victims through the Rockport Volunteer Fire Department. The money raised will be used to purchase needed supplies during their cleanup effort.
The meeting is free of cost and open to the public.
The Brownwood Chamber of Commerce will be taking reservations for this event. If you are interested in attending call 325-646-9535. Limited seating is available.
- Updated Sexual assault charge against suspended ACU football player dropped
- Car splits in half after being struck by wrong-way driver, 2 hospitalized in Texas
- Brownwood man sentenced to 14 years in prison for child porn
- Abilene police seek driver responsible for running over headstones
- Abilene Zoo's giraffe calf to undergo surgery this week
- Local church hosts car show to help victims of Hurricane Harvey
- DACA advocates march in front of Abilene City Hall
- Local officers collected tips at Red Robin for Special Olympics Texas
- Busch Jewelers in Abilene going out of business after 73 years
- School fair taking place in Abilene to answer questions about college
- Wanted: 10 fugitives sought by Abilene police
- Former HPU nursing school dean responds to students' lawsuits
- Brownwood man sentenced to 20 years in connection with 8-year-old boy's death
- Samuel Juarez Jr. guilty of manslaughter in death of Brownwood boy
- Ft. Hood soldier who led Brown County deputies on chase turns himself in
- Day 1 wraps for murder trial of Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Murder trial begins Tuesday for Brownwood hit-and-run suspect
- Former Big County youth minister arrested for sexual assault
- Anson man indicted for indecency with a child
- 2 arrested for allegedly distributing meth across 3 counties
- Hawley residents blame road conditions on FM 3326 for fatal crash
- Austin couple arrested in Winters for 234 pounds of marijuana
- Snyder man arrested for indecency with child