The Texas Secretary of State was in Abilene on a statewide tour.
Secretary John Steen reminded elections officials about voter education after a new Voter I.D. bill became law in Texas. The state is requiring all to have photo identification to be able to get into the voting booth.
There are seven separate forms of identification accepted by elections workers:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person’s photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States passport
For more information, you can visit the Secretary of State's website: Click here