A Texas Parks and Wildlife Department employee has died after working in a confined space at a state fish hatchery.
San Marcos police on Tuesday afternoon responded to a report of an unconscious worker. Investigators say the man was in a chamber about 20 to 30 feet underground and apparently operating a gasoline-powered pump when he collapsed.
Police have not released the man's name as the investigation continues into his death.
The hatchery opened in 1949 and specializes in rearing fingerling fish for more than 300 Texas reservoirs.