DALLAS - (AP) - A 31-year-old man is expected to face a murder charge after Dallas police say he stabbed another person outside a nightclub.
Police say Adolph Junior Menjivar exchanged words with Fernando Lopez after 2 a.m. Sunday at a nightclub in southwest Dallas. Both men were in separate vehicles. Police say Menjivar eventually got out of his car, armed with a folding knife, and started to attack Lopez in his upper body.
Police say witnesses tried to pull Menjivar away, and two off-duty officers working at the club eventually disarmed him. The officers and one of the witnesses were stabbed.
A police spokesman says Menjivar will be charged with murder, two counts of aggravated assault of a public servant and one count of aggravated assault.
He did not have an attorney listed.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9