DALLAS - (AP) - A 31-year-old man is expected to face a murder charge after Dallas police say he stabbed another person outside a nightclub.
Police say Adolph Junior Menjivar exchanged words with Fernando Lopez after 2 a.m. Sunday at a nightclub in southwest Dallas. Both men were in separate vehicles. Police say Menjivar eventually got out of his car, armed with a folding knife, and started to attack Lopez in his upper body.
Police say witnesses tried to pull Menjivar away, and two off-duty officers working at the club eventually disarmed him. The officers and one of the witnesses were stabbed.
A police spokesman says Menjivar will be charged with murder, two counts of aggravated assault of a public servant and one count of aggravated assault.
He did not have an attorney listed.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated