DALLAS - (AP) - A 31-year-old man is expected to face a murder charge after Dallas police say he stabbed another person outside a nightclub.
Police say Adolph Junior Menjivar exchanged words with Fernando Lopez after 2 a.m. Sunday at a nightclub in southwest Dallas. Both men were in separate vehicles. Police say Menjivar eventually got out of his car, armed with a folding knife, and started to attack Lopez in his upper body.
Police say witnesses tried to pull Menjivar away, and two off-duty officers working at the club eventually disarmed him. The officers and one of the witnesses were stabbed.
A police spokesman says Menjivar will be charged with murder, two counts of aggravated assault of a public servant and one count of aggravated assault.
He did not have an attorney listed.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot