SAN ANTONIO (AP) - One person is dead and three more wounded after gunfire erupted at a teenager's birthday party south of San Antonio in Bexar County.
Sheriff's deputies tell the San Antonio Express-News the shootings occurred after 3 a.m. Saturday as a man tried to break a fight involving two women. Another man who may be the boyfriend of one of the women a gun and fatally shot the man trying to break up the fight.
Bexar Sheriff's Sgt. Raymond Pollard says the gunman fired again toward the house, hitting a 13-year-old girl in the head and person another in the shoulder. The third injured person was hit in the head with the weapon.
Names of the people involved were not immediately released.
The gunman fled and is being sought.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen