SAN ANTONIO (AP) - One person is dead and three more wounded after gunfire erupted at a teenager's birthday party south of San Antonio in Bexar County.
Sheriff's deputies tell the San Antonio Express-News the shootings occurred after 3 a.m. Saturday as a man tried to break a fight involving two women. Another man who may be the boyfriend of one of the women a gun and fatally shot the man trying to break up the fight.
Bexar Sheriff's Sgt. Raymond Pollard says the gunman fired again toward the house, hitting a 13-year-old girl in the head and person another in the shoulder. The third injured person was hit in the head with the weapon.
Names of the people involved were not immediately released.
The gunman fled and is being sought.
- Updated Son of former Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Updated Environmental groups raise concerns over West Texas oil find
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer