PREMONT, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a rollover wreck in South Texas has left one person dead and seven hurt in a crash involving suspected illegal immigrants.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said the accident happened Wednesday morning near Premont, about 60 miles southwest of Corpus Christi.
A Texas trooper was trying to do a registration check on a northbound pickup truck when the vehicle sped away. DPS said he truck went out of control and rolled. Several other people in the vehicle declined medical treatment.
DPS did not immediately return messages Thursday to provide further details.
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- State Rep. submits bill to end Brown Co. Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Police arrest San Angelo city employee after theft investigation
- Abilene BBB on high alert for phone scammers claiming to be with IRS
- Abilene City Council chooses water rate study after high bills