PREMONT, Texas (AP) - Investigators say a rollover wreck in South Texas has left one person dead and seven hurt in a crash involving suspected illegal immigrants.
The Texas Department of Public Safety said the accident happened Wednesday morning near Premont, about 60 miles southwest of Corpus Christi.
A Texas trooper was trying to do a registration check on a northbound pickup truck when the vehicle sped away. DPS said he truck went out of control and rolled. Several other people in the vehicle declined medical treatment.
DPS did not immediately return messages Thursday to provide further details.
- Updated Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Whistleblower lands a $22 million payday from SEC
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire