FORT WORTH - (AP) - Authorities say a deadly crash between a North Texas commuter train and a car happened after the vehicle's driver tried going around warning gates and ended up in the path of the train.
None of the 150 passengers on the Trinity Railway Express train were injured in the Saturday afternoon accident at a Fort Worth railroad crossing.
The driver, the vehicle's only occupant, was trapped in the wreckage and died. His name has not been released by authorities.
The Trinity Railway Express provides passenger service between Fort Worth and Dallas.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking