SPRING, Texas (AP) - At least one person has been killed and others injured in an altercation at a high school in suburban Houston.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office did not say whether the people involved in the fight about 7 a.m. Wednesday at Spring High School were all students. But parent Lakesia Brent says her son, a sophomore at the school, told her students were seen bleeding and at least one was on a gurney being transported by medical personnel.
A dispatcher for the air ambulance at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center in Houston confirmed a 16-year-old boy was transported with stab wounds.
The school was under lockdown but parents have been told that students will be released to their care Wednesday morning.
Spring is about 20 miles north of Houston.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Above normal temperatures continue
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth