SPRING, Texas (AP) - At least one person has been killed and others injured in an altercation at a high school in suburban Houston.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office did not say whether the people involved in the fight about 7 a.m. Wednesday at Spring High School were all students. But parent Lakesia Brent says her son, a sophomore at the school, told her students were seen bleeding and at least one was on a gurney being transported by medical personnel.
A dispatcher for the air ambulance at Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center in Houston confirmed a 16-year-old boy was transported with stab wounds.
The school was under lockdown but parents have been told that students will be released to their care Wednesday morning.
Spring is about 20 miles north of Houston.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck