LA PORTE, Texas - LA PORTE, Texas (AP) - Authorities said one person has been injured and one is missing after an explosion at a gas plant in southeast Texas.
One employee remained missing hours after officials in La Porte triggered an automatic phone call to residents Saturday morning indicating the fire was under control and that no shelter-in-place order had been issued.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the explosion happened at the Air Liquide plant. The company's website describes itself as "the world leader in gases for industry, health and the environment."
A company spokeswoman said the facility houses a mix of industrial gases such as nitrogen and hydrogen that are used in the processing of food, beverages and electronics.
Authorities said air monitoring shows no dangerous substances.
La Porte is 25 miles southeast of Houston.
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale
- Mustangs relishing in chance to make history
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching