HOUSTON, Texas - HOUSTON (AP) - Police say a 33-year-old man has been killed and a second was injured when a shooting erupted during an argument at a birthday party in Houston.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said Sunday 37-year-old Luis Antonio Lopez Guzman is a suspect in the shooting death of Santos Alberto Vasquez. The argument turned violent around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
The Houston Chronicle quotes deputies as saying the men got into an argument at a birthday party and Guzman pulled out a gun and struck Vasquez in the chest. Deputies say they found Vasquez unresponsive on the living room floor.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. A second person was treated in the hospital for minor injuries.
Police say Guzman fled the scene.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death