HOUSTON, Texas - HOUSTON (AP) - Police say a 33-year-old man has been killed and a second was injured when a shooting erupted during an argument at a birthday party in Houston.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said Sunday 37-year-old Luis Antonio Lopez Guzman is a suspect in the shooting death of Santos Alberto Vasquez. The argument turned violent around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
The Houston Chronicle quotes deputies as saying the men got into an argument at a birthday party and Guzman pulled out a gun and struck Vasquez in the chest. Deputies say they found Vasquez unresponsive on the living room floor.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. A second person was treated in the hospital for minor injuries.
Police say Guzman fled the scene.
- Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash