HOUSTON, Texas - HOUSTON (AP) - Police say a 33-year-old man has been killed and a second was injured when a shooting erupted during an argument at a birthday party in Houston.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said Sunday 37-year-old Luis Antonio Lopez Guzman is a suspect in the shooting death of Santos Alberto Vasquez. The argument turned violent around 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
The Houston Chronicle quotes deputies as saying the men got into an argument at a birthday party and Guzman pulled out a gun and struck Vasquez in the chest. Deputies say they found Vasquez unresponsive on the living room floor.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. A second person was treated in the hospital for minor injuries.
Police say Guzman fled the scene.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck