TRINITY COUNTY, Texas - Savannah Hurley, the 11-year-old whose abduction prompted an Amber Alert on Monday, was found Tuesday afternoon.
Hurley was found safe in Trinity County. A Trinity County dispatcher told Dallas ABC-affiliate WFAA that her suspected abductor, her mother Shelly Jean Hurley, had been arrested.
Authorities say a worker with Child Protective Services went to the house Monday to remove the child from her mother's custody. The mother allegedly became violent with the worker before abducting Savannah.
Savannah is now in foster care.
- Updated Abilene Fire Department working house fire on Graham Street
- Updated Enrollment up at Abilene, Wylie school districts
- Updated Video of woman chasing cat on Texas tollway prompts warning
- Updated Perfect strangers perform unforgettable duet at Texas hospital
- Updated Abilene man, 32, sentenced to 18 years for June 2014 shooting death