TRINITY COUNTY, Texas - Savannah Hurley, the 11-year-old whose abduction prompted an Amber Alert on Monday, was found Tuesday afternoon.
Hurley was found safe in Trinity County. A Trinity County dispatcher told Dallas ABC-affiliate WFAA that her suspected abductor, her mother Shelly Jean Hurley, had been arrested.
Authorities say a worker with Child Protective Services went to the house Monday to remove the child from her mother's custody. The mother allegedly became violent with the worker before abducting Savannah.
Savannah is now in foster care.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer