MCKINNEY, Texas (AP) - The docket is bare but the day is full for a North Texas justice of the peace as he faces an onslaught of brides and grooms determined to exchange vows on 12-12-12.
Paul Raleeh is justice of the peace for Precinct 1 of Collin County, where some of the fastest-growing northern suburbs of Dallas are situated.
County spokesman Tim Wyatt said Raleeh has been overwhelmed with a wave of requests to preside over weddings.
Raleeh usually marries four to five couples a week. For Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012, Wyatt said Raleeh has 30 scheduled for that day alone.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Updated Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- Updated No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017