MCKINNEY, Texas (AP) - The docket is bare but the day is full for a North Texas justice of the peace as he faces an onslaught of brides and grooms determined to exchange vows on 12-12-12.
Paul Raleeh is justice of the peace for Precinct 1 of Collin County, where some of the fastest-growing northern suburbs of Dallas are situated.
County spokesman Tim Wyatt said Raleeh has been overwhelmed with a wave of requests to preside over weddings.
Raleeh usually marries four to five couples a week. For Wednesday, Dec. 12, 2012, Wyatt said Raleeh has 30 scheduled for that day alone.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program