SAN ANTONIO, Texas - (AP) - Local media is reporting that a 13-year-old boy has been shot dead in front of his home in southeast San Antonio.
The San Antonio Express News cited KSAT-TV in reporting Sunday that the boy was shot twice around 3 a.m., as he stood in front of his home.
He reportedly went to the backyard before collapsing in front of his family. The TV station said police received conflicting reports, but believed he was the victim of a drive-by shooting.
The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office later identified the victim as Gabriel Martinez, and said an autopsy would be conducted Monday.
The medical examiner classified Martinez's death as a homicide.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated