SAN ANTONIO, Texas - (AP) - Local media is reporting that a 13-year-old boy has been shot dead in front of his home in southeast San Antonio.
The San Antonio Express News cited KSAT-TV in reporting Sunday that the boy was shot twice around 3 a.m., as he stood in front of his home.
He reportedly went to the backyard before collapsing in front of his family. The TV station said police received conflicting reports, but believed he was the victim of a drive-by shooting.
The Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office later identified the victim as Gabriel Martinez, and said an autopsy would be conducted Monday.
The medical examiner classified Martinez's death as a homicide.
- Updated Man charged in slaying of woman at Texas gambling room
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families