KILLEEN, Texas - (AP) - Two Central Texas men are accused of illegal dumping after a giant junk pile was found in their yard.
Killeen police say they saw a 4-foot-high pile of items between the street and sidewalk that extended the length of the house. They say the junk pile contained televisions, radios and other material.
Police say they went in the backyard and found more trash piles.
The city says it removed more than 600 cubic yards of items from the front yard in the public right of way.
A Killeen police arrest warrant affidavit states that 27-year-old Willie Charles Anderson Jr. lives there and says most backyard items were his. Anderson and 47-year-old James William Noe each have been charged with illegal dumping of 1,000 pounds or more.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot