KILLEEN, Texas - (AP) - Two Central Texas men are accused of illegal dumping after a giant junk pile was found in their yard.
Killeen police say they saw a 4-foot-high pile of items between the street and sidewalk that extended the length of the house. They say the junk pile contained televisions, radios and other material.
Police say they went in the backyard and found more trash piles.
The city says it removed more than 600 cubic yards of items from the front yard in the public right of way.
A Killeen police arrest warrant affidavit states that 27-year-old Willie Charles Anderson Jr. lives there and says most backyard items were his. Anderson and 47-year-old James William Noe each have been charged with illegal dumping of 1,000 pounds or more.
- Updated Obama to Trump: America is already great
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth