GEORGETOWN, Texas - Two people have been killed in Central Texas when a pickup drove through a red light and struck another pickup.
The two victims died at the scene Saturday morning on Texas highway 195 in Georgetown.
Police say a Chevrolet pickup ran the red light and was struck on the passenger side by a Ford traveling along 195. There were five people in the Ford and two were ejected, with one killed.
A passenger in the Chevy also died.
Five people were taken to hospitals and authorities say four were in stable condition and one in critical.
None of the people involved in the wreck have been identified.
Traffic was diverted around the accident scene into Saturday afternoon.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash