GEORGETOWN, Texas - Two people have been killed in Central Texas when a pickup drove through a red light and struck another pickup.
The two victims died at the scene Saturday morning on Texas highway 195 in Georgetown.
Police say a Chevrolet pickup ran the red light and was struck on the passenger side by a Ford traveling along 195. There were five people in the Ford and two were ejected, with one killed.
A passenger in the Chevy also died.
Five people were taken to hospitals and authorities say four were in stable condition and one in critical.
None of the people involved in the wreck have been identified.
Traffic was diverted around the accident scene into Saturday afternoon.
- 'America' band member David Dickey passes away in Sweetwater
- Schools to rally behind Iraan cheerleaders and football players
- Sweetwater Christmas parade kicking off Monday night
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive