GEORGETOWN, Texas - Two people have been killed in Central Texas when a pickup drove through a red light and struck another pickup.
The two victims died at the scene Saturday morning on Texas highway 195 in Georgetown.
Police say a Chevrolet pickup ran the red light and was struck on the passenger side by a Ford traveling along 195. There were five people in the Ford and two were ejected, with one killed.
A passenger in the Chevy also died.
Five people were taken to hospitals and authorities say four were in stable condition and one in critical.
None of the people involved in the wreck have been identified.
Traffic was diverted around the accident scene into Saturday afternoon.
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities