GEORGETOWN, Texas - Two people have been killed in Central Texas when a pickup drove through a red light and struck another pickup.
The two victims died at the scene Saturday morning on Texas highway 195 in Georgetown.
Police say a Chevrolet pickup ran the red light and was struck on the passenger side by a Ford traveling along 195. There were five people in the Ford and two were ejected, with one killed.
A passenger in the Chevy also died.
Five people were taken to hospitals and authorities say four were in stable condition and one in critical.
None of the people involved in the wreck have been identified.
Traffic was diverted around the accident scene into Saturday afternoon.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson