TROUP, Texas (AP) - Officials say two people have died in a house fire in East Texas.
Cherokee County Sheriff James Campbell said two bodies were recovered from the ashes of the late Sunday morning house fire near Troup, located about 20 miles southeast of Tyler. Campbell said the bodies are believed to be a 68-year-old man and his 66-year-old wife, but have been sent for an autopsy for positive identification.
Campbell said the fire was reported by the homeowner's brother, who heard a loud explosion coming from the home. Campbell says the man rode his four-wheeler to his brother's house and saw the two-story log cabin in flames.
Campbell said the state fire investigator has been called to determine the cause of the fire.
- Updated Hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people crashes in Texas
- Updated FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
- Updated HBO pressed on sexualized violence in 'Westworld,' other dramas
- New Ex-Texas A&M linebacker, wife killed at their home
- New Army report: Grenade found in room of Dallas gunman in 2014