AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Two people who suffered burns in an apparent drug-related explosion that tore apart a Central Texas apartment have been charged with arson.
Officials at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio on Tuesday did not immediately update the conditions of 26-year-old Ryan J. Connell and 25-year-old Nicole M. Mann. Both have been hospitalized since last Wednesday's blast in Austin that heavily damaged a second-floor apartment.
Austin police have it appears the man and woman were "cooking" marijuana to extract psychoactive ingredients.
Connell and Mann face bond of $20,000 each when they are discharged from the hospital. No information was immediately available on attorneys for the pair.
Conviction carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget