SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Two detention officers at a South Texas jail have gotten into a fight that sent one to the hospital.
According to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office, investigators are trying to determine what sparked Sunday's incident at the jail in San Antonio.
Sheriff's spokesman Paul Berry said what started as a disagreement between the two officers escalated into a physical altercation. Other jailers broke up the fight. Authorities say the jailer who was hurt has injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The names of the two detention officers haven't been released. Both have been put on administrative leave.
Further details weren't immediately released.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store