SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Two detention officers at a South Texas jail have gotten into a fight that sent one to the hospital.
According to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office, investigators are trying to determine what sparked Sunday's incident at the jail in San Antonio.
Sheriff's spokesman Paul Berry said what started as a disagreement between the two officers escalated into a physical altercation. Other jailers broke up the fight. Authorities say the jailer who was hurt has injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The names of the two detention officers haven't been released. Both have been put on administrative leave.
Further details weren't immediately released.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene