SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Two detention officers at a South Texas jail have gotten into a fight that sent one to the hospital.
According to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office, investigators are trying to determine what sparked Sunday's incident at the jail in San Antonio.
Sheriff's spokesman Paul Berry said what started as a disagreement between the two officers escalated into a physical altercation. Other jailers broke up the fight. Authorities say the jailer who was hurt has injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The names of the two detention officers haven't been released. Both have been put on administrative leave.
Further details weren't immediately released.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday