CARTHAGE, Texas (AP) - An early-morning collision between a passenger bus and a tractor-trailer in East Texas has left two dead and injured at least four others.
Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Jean Dark said the collision occurred shortly before 1 a.m. Thursday just north of the Panola County town of Carthage.
Dark said the bus driver and one passenger were killed in the wreck. Three other passengers were taken to a hospital in Carthage. The driver of the tractor-trailer was airlifted to a Tyler hospital.
She said the bus was traveling from Houston to Chicago.
KETK-TV in Tyler reports the El Expreso bus was attempting a U-turn after the driver learned a passenger was left behind at a prior stop. The bus then collided with the truck.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her