CARTHAGE, Texas (AP) - An early-morning collision between a passenger bus and a tractor-trailer in East Texas has left two dead and injured at least four others.
Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Jean Dark said the collision occurred shortly before 1 a.m. Thursday just north of the Panola County town of Carthage.
Dark said the bus driver and one passenger were killed in the wreck. Three other passengers were taken to a hospital in Carthage. The driver of the tractor-trailer was airlifted to a Tyler hospital.
She said the bus was traveling from Houston to Chicago.
KETK-TV in Tyler reports the El Expreso bus was attempting a U-turn after the driver learned a passenger was left behind at a prior stop. The bus then collided with the truck.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated