CARTHAGE, Texas (AP) - An early-morning collision between a passenger bus and a tractor-trailer in East Texas has left two dead and injured at least four others.
Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Jean Dark said the collision occurred shortly before 1 a.m. Thursday just north of the Panola County town of Carthage.
Dark said the bus driver and one passenger were killed in the wreck. Three other passengers were taken to a hospital in Carthage. The driver of the tractor-trailer was airlifted to a Tyler hospital.
She said the bus was traveling from Houston to Chicago.
KETK-TV in Tyler reports the El Expreso bus was attempting a U-turn after the driver learned a passenger was left behind at a prior stop. The bus then collided with the truck.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot