AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Two San Antonio neighbors have been sentenced to prison for trying to rob three people in random armed holdups that netted 68 cents.
A judge in San Antonio on Monday sentenced 20-year-old Arnulfo Ernesto Hernandez to 20 years in prison. Hernandez pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery. Investigators say 19-year-old Ryan Huerta was earlier sentenced to 18 years in prison for his role in the robberies.
Huerta and Hernandez initially called police to file a false report that they were the robbery victims. Police say Huerta made up the scheme because he used his parents' car and it was damaged in a wreck during the crimes.
Police said the two men fired a rifle into the air during each confrontation. Nobody was hurt.
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy