AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Two San Antonio neighbors have been sentenced to prison for trying to rob three people in random armed holdups that netted 68 cents.
A judge in San Antonio on Monday sentenced 20-year-old Arnulfo Ernesto Hernandez to 20 years in prison. Hernandez pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery. Investigators say 19-year-old Ryan Huerta was earlier sentenced to 18 years in prison for his role in the robberies.
Huerta and Hernandez initially called police to file a false report that they were the robbery victims. Police say Huerta made up the scheme because he used his parents' car and it was damaged in a wreck during the crimes.
Police said the two men fired a rifle into the air during each confrontation. Nobody was hurt.
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking