AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Two San Antonio neighbors have been sentenced to prison for trying to rob three people in random armed holdups that netted 68 cents.
A judge in San Antonio on Monday sentenced 20-year-old Arnulfo Ernesto Hernandez to 20 years in prison. Hernandez pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery. Investigators say 19-year-old Ryan Huerta was earlier sentenced to 18 years in prison for his role in the robberies.
Huerta and Hernandez initially called police to file a false report that they were the robbery victims. Police say Huerta made up the scheme because he used his parents' car and it was damaged in a wreck during the crimes.
Police said the two men fired a rifle into the air during each confrontation. Nobody was hurt.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account