AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Two San Antonio neighbors have been sentenced to prison for trying to rob three people in random armed holdups that netted 68 cents.
A judge in San Antonio on Monday sentenced 20-year-old Arnulfo Ernesto Hernandez to 20 years in prison. Hernandez pleaded guilty to aggravated robbery. Investigators say 19-year-old Ryan Huerta was earlier sentenced to 18 years in prison for his role in the robberies.
Huerta and Hernandez initially called police to file a false report that they were the robbery victims. Police say Huerta made up the scheme because he used his parents' car and it was damaged in a wreck during the crimes.
Police said the two men fired a rifle into the air during each confrontation. Nobody was hurt.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated