DALLAS (AP) - Dallas police say a sleeping 4-year-old girl has been shot when gunfire broke out as two men forced their way into an apartment during a robbery.
Sr. Cpl. Melinda Gutierrez said police are searching for the two gunmen in the holdup and attack early Thursday.
Gutierrez said the suspects broke into an apartment and the child was wounded when a weapon was fired. The girl's name and details on her condition weren't immediately released.
Police are trying to determine whether the suspects, who stole some property, know the victims. Gutierrez said four adults and another child in the apartment weren't injured.
Further details weren't immediately available on the attack shortly after 4 a.m. CST Thursday.
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend