DALLAS (AP) - Dallas police say a sleeping 4-year-old girl has been shot when gunfire broke out as two men forced their way into an apartment during a robbery.
Sr. Cpl. Melinda Gutierrez said police are searching for the two gunmen in the holdup and attack early Thursday.
Gutierrez said the suspects broke into an apartment and the child was wounded when a weapon was fired. The girl's name and details on her condition weren't immediately released.
Police are trying to determine whether the suspects, who stole some property, know the victims. Gutierrez said four adults and another child in the apartment weren't injured.
Further details weren't immediately available on the attack shortly after 4 a.m. CST Thursday.
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale
- Mustangs relishing in chance to make history
- Schools showing support on social media for injured Iraan cheerleaders
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching