AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Emergency personnel have rescued a man and a woman who fell about 30 feet from a Central Texas cliff along a rugged hiking trial.
Austin Fire Department Battalion Chief Warren Weidler said the victims apparently were walking on a trail near Pennybacker Bridge when they fell early Tuesday. Weidler says the area has a series of cliffs.
Department spokesman Reggie Tait said the woman managed to call 911. She was found walking in a nearby parking lot and treated for trauma due to the nature of the fall.
Tait said an injured man was found on a ledge near the Lake Austin-area cliff and he was treated for a leg problem. Both victims were transported to an Austin hospital with conditions not believed to be life-threatening.
- Updated Man charged in slaying of woman at Texas gambling room
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Mostly sunny and low 90s for Thursday
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families