AUSTIN, Texas (AP) - Emergency personnel have rescued a man and a woman who fell about 30 feet from a Central Texas cliff along a rugged hiking trial.
Austin Fire Department Battalion Chief Warren Weidler said the victims apparently were walking on a trail near Pennybacker Bridge when they fell early Tuesday. Weidler says the area has a series of cliffs.
Department spokesman Reggie Tait said the woman managed to call 911. She was found walking in a nearby parking lot and treated for trauma due to the nature of the fall.
Tait said an injured man was found on a ledge near the Lake Austin-area cliff and he was treated for a leg problem. Both victims were transported to an Austin hospital with conditions not believed to be life-threatening.
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget