LEAGUE CITY, Texas (AP) - Two city council members in Southeast Texas have been cited for disorderly conducted after they allegedly got into a fistfight during budget talks.
Misdemeanor citations were issued to Dan Becker and Dennis OKeeffe following Wednesday night's incident at League City City Hall. Becker and OKeeffe on Friday didn't immediately comment.
League City Mayor Tim Paulissen said a budget meeting was set up with Becker, Councilwoman Heidi Thiess, the city manager and the city financial officer.
OKeeffe and Councilwoman Joanna Sharp Dawson unexpectedly showed up at the city manager's office - making a quorum. The Texas Open Meetings Act prohibits a quorum of council members gathering to discuss city business outside a properly posted public meeting.
The mayor said an altercation happened between Becker and OKeeffe and police were called.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement