GERING, Neb. (AP) - Authorities say two people wanted on Texas warrants have been arrested after a high-speed chase that went from western Nebraska into Wyoming and back again.
Jail records said 26-year-old Joshua Carver and 21-year-old Alexandria Pryor remained in Scotts Bluff County custody on Monday. They were arrested Saturday afternoon in the Nebraska Panhandle's Sioux County.
The chase began when a Mitchell officer tried to stop a car bearing Texas plates. The chase reached upward of 100 mph through two Nebraska counties, into eastern Wyoming and back to Nebraska.
Authorities said the two abandoned the car when it had engine trouble and were soon captured. A loaded handgun, a military-style rifle, ammunition and several knives were found in the car.
Online records don't list the names of their attorneys.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store