OLMITO, Texas - South Texas authorities say two men have been arrested for armed robberies targeting fishermen in remote locations.
Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio said Friday that deputies and U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested 22-year-old Jesse Ibarra and 31-year-old Felix Padilla. The Valley Morning Star reports they were apprehended in La Paloma after a foot chase.
They're each charged with aggravated armed robbery, engaging in organized criminal activity and other offenses. They're being held at the Cameron County jail, each on bond exceeding $750,000.
Online jail records do not indicate attorneys for the men.
Two other men previously were arrested for fatally shooting off-duty Border Patrol Agent Javier Vega Jr., who was fishing with his family Aug. 3 near Santa Monica. Vega's father was shot and wounded in that robbery attempt.
- Updated Obama to Trump: America is already great
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth