OLMITO, Texas - South Texas authorities say two men have been arrested for armed robberies targeting fishermen in remote locations.
Cameron County Sheriff Omar Lucio said Friday that deputies and U.S. Border Patrol agents arrested 22-year-old Jesse Ibarra and 31-year-old Felix Padilla. The Valley Morning Star reports they were apprehended in La Paloma after a foot chase.
They're each charged with aggravated armed robbery, engaging in organized criminal activity and other offenses. They're being held at the Cameron County jail, each on bond exceeding $750,000.
Online jail records do not indicate attorneys for the men.
Two other men previously were arrested for fatally shooting off-duty Border Patrol Agent Javier Vega Jr., who was fishing with his family Aug. 3 near Santa Monica. Vega's father was shot and wounded in that robbery attempt.
- Updated Police shoot 'active shooter' at Texas strip mall, 'several' taken to hospital
- Golfing great Arnold Palmer dead at 87
- Police find missing girl, make 3 arrests in triple California killing
- Murder-suicide suspected in deaths of Texas councilman, wife
- KTXS Forecast: Rain chances ending on this Monday