SAN AUGUSTINE, Texas (AP) - An East Texas jury has convicted two women of kidnapping a Houston boy when he was 8 months old and hiding him for eight years before he was found.
Jurors in San Augustine deliberated for about two hours before finding Krystle Tanner and her mother, Gloria Walker, guilty Tuesday of kidnapping. Walker also was found guilty of injury to a child, while the jury found Tanner guilty of a lesser charge of reckless injury to a child. Miguel Morin is now 8 and disappeared in 2004.
Prosecutors told jurors Tanner and Walker took the boy from his Houston apartment complex and moved him to different homes in Texas.
Defense attorneys said Miguel was not kidnapped but was sold by his biological mother to Tanner.
- Updated Suspect in gruesome New Mexico killing of girl, 10, was on probation
- Updated All gone: City of Abilene rain barrel giveaway lasts 28 minutes
- Updated Texas murder suspect arrested at Oklahoma bus station
- Updated Looking for a place that sells alcohol? There's an app for that
- Updated Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck