SAN AUGUSTINE, Texas (AP) - An East Texas jury has convicted two women of kidnapping a Houston boy when he was 8 months old and hiding him for eight years before he was found.
Jurors in San Augustine deliberated for about two hours before finding Krystle Tanner and her mother, Gloria Walker, guilty Tuesday of kidnapping. Walker also was found guilty of injury to a child, while the jury found Tanner guilty of a lesser charge of reckless injury to a child. Miguel Morin is now 8 and disappeared in 2004.
Prosecutors told jurors Tanner and Walker took the boy from his Houston apartment complex and moved him to different homes in Texas.
Defense attorneys said Miguel was not kidnapped but was sold by his biological mother to Tanner.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash