SAN AUGUSTINE, Texas (AP) - An East Texas jury has convicted two women of kidnapping a Houston boy when he was 8 months old and hiding him for eight years before he was found.
Jurors in San Augustine deliberated for about two hours before finding Krystle Tanner and her mother, Gloria Walker, guilty Tuesday of kidnapping. Walker also was found guilty of injury to a child, while the jury found Tanner guilty of a lesser charge of reckless injury to a child. Miguel Morin is now 8 and disappeared in 2004.
Prosecutors told jurors Tanner and Walker took the boy from his Houston apartment complex and moved him to different homes in Texas.
Defense attorneys said Miguel was not kidnapped but was sold by his biological mother to Tanner.
- Updated Obama to Trump: America is already great
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth