GRAHAM, Texas - (AP) - Authorities say two tornadoes have struck near a small community in rural North Texas, destroying a house but causing no injuries.
National Weather Service meteorologist Dennis Cavanaugh says the tornadoes struck near the small community of Eliasville in southwestern Young County on Friday evening.
Young County Sheriff Bryan Walls says the three people in the destroyed home were not hurt.
He says that trees have been uprooted and some barns destroyed in the storm.
The tornadoes Friday come after North Texas was hit with an outbreak of 16 tornados on Wednesday night, including one that struck the town of Granbury, killing six.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated