ODESSA, Texas (AP) - Two workers have fallen to their deaths in West Texas when a cable suspending them from a helicopter hit a power line they were inspecting.
A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman said the helicopter was able to land safely.
The Martin County Sheriff's Office said the accident happened Monday morning about 70 miles east of Odessa. Investigators said the cable appeared to snap when it struck the power line.
The names of the workers have not been released.
- Updated 'Emergency contract' awarded to build new bridge on Hwy 6 at Lake Cisco
- Updated Texas detective fired for mishandling child abuse cases
- Updated American Airlines plane lands safely despite engine flames
- Updated Texan fatally shot girlfriend, her friend, his son, 3, self
- Updated Police: Man robs New York City bank in ball gown, heels