ODESSA, Texas (AP) - Two workers have fallen to their deaths in West Texas when a cable suspending them from a helicopter hit a power line they were inspecting.
A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman said the helicopter was able to land safely.
The Martin County Sheriff's Office said the accident happened Monday morning about 70 miles east of Odessa. Investigators said the cable appeared to snap when it struck the power line.
The names of the workers have not been released.
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget