CONROE, Texas (AP) - Three Houston men have been charged with stealing an ambulance and trying to sell the emergency vehicle for scrap metal recycling.
Montgomery County Jail records show Peter Burks, Oscar Comeaux (KOH'-moh) III and James West were being held Friday on felony theft charges.
Comeaux has also been charged with tampering with a government document and he's held without bond. Bond is $10,000 apiece for Burks and West.
All were arrested Wednesday at the Texas Port Recycling Center near Conroe for allegedly trying to sell the ambulance for scrap. The vehicle was reported stolen in Houston. Further details on the theft weren't immediately available.
Montgomery County sheriff's investigators are also reviewing other reported auto thefts for potential ties to the trio.
Online jail records don't list attorneys for the three men.
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide