WINONA, Texas - (AP) - Three children under the age of 9 have died in an East Texas house fire.
Winona Police Chief Bryan Richards says three boys ages 4, 6 and 9 died when a fire broke out in a small house early Sunday.
Richards says an 8-year-old boy and two adults have been hospitalized for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. He says four other children in the house at the time weren't injured.
Richards says authorities believe the two hospitalized adults are the parents of one of the deceased boys, but it's unclear what the other family relationships are.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation by the Smith County fire marshal.
Winona is about 100 miles east of Dallas.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene