WINONA, Texas - (AP) - Three children under the age of 9 have died in an East Texas house fire.
Winona Police Chief Bryan Richards says three boys ages 4, 6 and 9 died when a fire broke out in a small house early Sunday.
Richards says an 8-year-old boy and two adults have been hospitalized for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. He says four other children in the house at the time weren't injured.
Richards says authorities believe the two hospitalized adults are the parents of one of the deceased boys, but it's unclear what the other family relationships are.
The cause of the blaze remains under investigation by the Smith County fire marshal.
Winona is about 100 miles east of Dallas.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account