HALTOM CITY, Texas (AP) - A North Texas house fire has claimed the lives of a woman and three children.
Names of the victims of the Haltom City fire and their possible relationship were not immediately released Friday. Investigators are trying to determine what caused Thursday afternoon's blaze in the suburban Fort Worth home.
A spokeswoman at Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth on Friday confirmed all three youngsters transported to the hospital died. Winnie King did not immediately have additional information on the victims.
The woman was transported to North Hills Hospital in North Richland Hills. Matt Zavadsky with MedStar Emergency Medical Services said resuscitation efforts were ceased in the emergency room. A hospital spokeswoman declined to release any information Friday.
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot
- Council 'work session' to focus on curbside recycling, downtown Abilene parking